Blizzard has released a countdown for when the Overwatch 2 beta will begin and end, as well as the duration of the OW2 playtest.
For many, this is their first chance to play Blizzard’s widely anticipated sequel. You might be able to acquire access through Twitch Drops if you don’t get an invite through the sign-up process.
It’s a fun demo that will give fans a chance to see a lot of changes, including the switch from 6v6 to 5v5, and the good news is that it’ll run longer than planned.
Characters for Overwatch 2 Beta
The following are the playable characters in the Overwatch 2 beta with reworks:
In addition to the previously mentioned modified heroes, you will be able to play as OW2’s new hero Sojourn. The following new maps will also be included in the demo:
- New Escort Map for Circuit Royal
- New Hybrid Map of Midtown
- New Push Map for Toronto
- New Push Map for Rome
Finally, it will contain new 5v5 gameplay as well as a new Push Mode. The official website of Blizzard provides all of this information.
Hero Reworks and Changes in Overwatch 2
In the Overwatch 2 beta, the following are all of the detailed characters reworks and adjustments for heroes:
DOOMFIST REWORK AND CHANGES IN OW2:
- Now I’m a Tank, General.
- From 250 to 450, health improved.
- Ammo recovery for the hand cannon has been raised to once every 0.4 seconds.
- Damage per pallet has been lowered from 6 to 5.
- Protect yourself from frontal attacks with Power Block. Rocket Punch is boosted when it is able to block a lot of damage.
- Empowered Rocket Punch travels faster, further, and causes more damage than regular Rocket Punch.
- Rocket Punch’s maximum charge time has been decreased to 1.0 seconds.
- Impact damage has been lowered by 15-30%.
- Damage from wall slams is lowered by 20-40%.
- Seismic Slam: You’re now launched like Winston’s leap.
- It deals damage and slows foes when it lands.
- Ultimate – Meteor Strike: All foes hit now have a slow effect.
- Damage to the outer ring has been decreased to 100-15.
- The activation time has been shortened to 05.s.
- Uppercut: The ability has been taken away.
OW2 ORISA CHANGES AND REWORK:
- Fusion Driver has been enhanced to shoot projectiles more quickly.
- Projectiles start off big and then get smaller.
- Instead of ammo, it employs a heat mechanic.
- Energy Javelin: To stun and knockback an enemy, launch your Javelin at them.
- Spin your Javelin to destroy missiles, push adversaries, and speed up your movement.
- Fortify Gains 125 temporary health as well.
- While active, the speed has been reduced by 20%.
- While engaged, it reduces the amount of heat generated by shooting by 50%.
- Ultimate – Terra Surge: Sweep in foes and anchor down, receiving Fortify’s benefits and charging up a wave of damage.
- Use primary fire to start the surge as soon as possible.
- OW2 SOMBRA REWORK AND CHANGES: Protective Barrier Halt Supercharger
- Opportunist – Passive:
- Targets that have been hacked now take 50% greater damage.
- Damage from Machine Pistol has been lowered from 8 to 7.
- Speed has been lowered by 20%.
- EMP’s effect has been removed, and it no longer provides additional shield-effect damage.
- Additional effect: Deals 40% of the current enemy’s HP.
- Hack: Reduced the cooldown time from 8 to 3 seconds.
- The duration has been extended to 8 seconds.
- The duration of the ability lock has been lowered from 5 seconds to 1 second.
- For 8 seconds, hacked enemies are shown to Sombra’s team.
- When hacking health packs, the cooldown is no longer reduced.
- The length of the health pack hack has been lowered from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
Fade-in time has been cut in half for stealth.
- The detection radius has been expanded from 2 to 4 meters.
- Hacking no longer eliminates stealth, although Sombra becomes visible for a brief
- moment while hacking.
- No changes to the translocator.
OW2 BASTION CHANGES AND REWORK:
- Recon configuration: The weapon fire rate has been lowered by 50%.
- The damage falloff range has been extended to improve long-range accuracy.
- The distribution of weapons has been reduced to zero.
- Sentry configuration: Can now move while firing, but at a slower speed.
- There is no limit to the amount of ammo that may be loaded into the weapon.
- Weapon damage has been lowered by 40%.
- Artillery: Bastion locks to the ground and delivers a powerful long-range artillery strike in Artillery mode.
- Manually target three distinct areas on the map to strike.
- Bastion’s metamorphosis between two primary combat modes now lasts 8 seconds and cools down for 10 seconds.
- Tactical Grenade: Bastion fires a tactical grenade that explodes after a brief delay, knocking back any enemies it hits.
- Grenades bounce off walls, but they adhere to enemies and the ground.
- Grenades explode quickly after sticking to an adversary or the ground.
- Self-Repair: This ability has been disabled.
When Does the Beta of Overwatch 2 Start?
The Overwatch 2 beta will begin on April 26th at 11:00 a.m. PT, 14:00 a.m. ET, and 19:00 a.m. BST, according to the release date and start time countdown.
This information comes from the official OW2 PvP demo page. It should be noted that it is only available for PC gamers, although there are plans for additional playtests on other platforms in the future.
In terms of the demo itself, reworks for Sombra, Bastion, Doomfist, and Orisa will be
available. You’ll also be able to try out all of the new hero Sojourn’s abilities.
If you do not receive an invitation via email on April 26th, you may be able to acquire one through Twitch Drops on April 27th. To play, you’ll also need the following system requirements:
Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit operating system (latest Service Pack)
Intel® CoreTM i3 or AMD PhenomTM X3 8650
processor: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 600 series, AMD RadeonTM HD 7000 series, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 600 series, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 600 series, NVIDIA® GeForce6 GB RAM is the maximum amount of memory that may be installed on a computer.
Storage: 50 GB of hard drive space is available.
Broadband Internet access is a type of internet connection that is faster than dial-up.
For the recommended digital installation, there are no media.
The minimum display resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels.
- WinWindows® 10 64-bit operating system (latest Service Pack)
- Intel® CoreTM i7 or AMD RyzenTM 5 processor
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD R9 380 video cards
- RAM (memory): 8 GB
- Storage: 50 GB of hard drive space is available.
- Broadband Internet access is a type of internet connection that is faster than dial-up.
- For the recommended digital installation, there are no media.
- The minimum display resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels.