Many shows deals with the social issues existing in society. Based on the same concept is the series Black-ish, talking about the problems faced by black people.
Here is everything you need to know about the eighth season of the show.
Kenya Barris is the creator of the sitcom TV series that got released on 24th September 2014 on ABC.
Anthony Anderson, Brian Dobbins, Helen Sugland, Jonathan Groff, Kenya Barris, Kenny Smith, and many more are the executive producers of the American show.
Black-ish has already completed its seven seasons successfully, with a total number of 162 episodes. Now, the audience is waiting for the eighth season.
Here is some significant information related to Black-ish Season 8.
What Is The Plotline Of The Series Black-Ish?
The plot of the series revolves around the upper-class family of Andre Johnson and Rainbow Johnson. They are a type of African-American family who faces several personal and sociopolitical issues in their lives.
Will the Diyoza the 100 Salted 2021?
Talking about the start of the show, Andre was going to get a promotion and was about to become the Vice President of Relevant Advertising. He and his wife were living their dream with a good career, four kids, and an upper-class house. However, Andre begins to see his life from a different point of view when he comes to know that he is being promoted to urban Vice President at his company. In the same week, his son also informs him about the wish of having a Bar Mitzvah. Andre starts thinking about the pros and cons of such a life. He thinks about the awareness of his native culture among the children.
Andre’s father and his wife share an entirely different opinion about this situation of handling his promotion and his son’s birthday wish together. To keep connected with his roots, he shares an extreme version of an Urban marketing campaign at the office that impresses more than half of the people. Andre’s family helps him realize the importance of balancing modern life with the native culture and beliefs. He arranges hip hop Bro Mitzvah for his son’s birthday that runs successfully. After the success, he soon arranges a multicultural campaign that won the hearts of people at work.
The eighth season will be all about the pandemic time, social injustice, systemic racism, and equality. The show has always appreciated black lives and will continue doing this in the next season also.
When Will Vampire Diaries Season 9 Air?
The Release Date: When Will The Eighth Season Of The Show Black-Ish Be Released Over The Original Network?
The news for the confirmation of the eighth season came on 14th May 2021 by ABC. This season is going to be the final season of the series. So, there is no chance for a ninth season of Black-ish.
According to Newsweek, the final season of Black-ish is expected to be premiered in January 2022.
What Are The Names Of The Characters Involved In The Series Black-Ish?
- Andre “Dre” Johnson Sr., played by Anthony, is a rich advertising executive at Stevens & Lido. He wants to create a balance between the native black culture and the modern upper-middle-class upbringing of his children.
- Dr Rainbow “Bow” Johnson, played by Tracee Ellis Ross, is the wife of Andre. She is an anesthesiologist who wants to create her space in her children’s lives. She belonged to a bi-racial family where her father was white, and her mother was African-American.
- Zoey Johnson, played by Yara Shahidi, is the eldest child of Andre and Rainbow.
- Andre “Junior” Johnson Jr., played by Marcus Scribner, is the second oldest child of Andre and Rainbow. He is nerdy and self-proclaimed but is quite smart. His father and his siblings teach him these things very well.
- Jack Johnson, played by Miles Brown, is the third oldest child of Andre and Rainbow and the fraternal twin of Diane. He idolizes his father very much.
- Diane Johnson, played by Marsai Martin, is the youngest daughter of Andre and Rainbow. She calls her smarter and more mature than his fraternal twin Jack.
- Ruby Johnson, played by Jenifer Lewis, is the mother of Andre, who is religious. She turns pro-black on many issues. She doesn’t get along with her daughter-in-law, Rainbow.
- Josh Oppenhol, played by Jeff Meacham, is the co-worker of Andre. He faces disrespect and is undervalued among his colleagues.
- Leslie Stevens, played by Peter Mackenzie, is the boss and co-owner of the company Stevens & Lido. He acts as a racist sometimes and often gets biased on social issues.
- Charlie Telphy, played by Deon Cole, is the co-worker and adulthood best friend of Andre.
- Olivia Lockhart, played by Katlyn Nichol, is the girlfriend of Andre Jr.
What Are The Ratings Of The Series Black-Ish?
The series has received a satisfactory positive response from the viewers and critics. The consensus of the site mentions that the series is quite uncertain to the target audience. It also shows diversity in the cast and the cultural issues faced by the people. The performance of the characters was praised by everyone.
Black-ish has received a score of 100% on the Tomatometer, based on five critic ratings. The audience score is 35%, based on 31 user ratings on Rotten Tomatoes.
Black-ish has received a rating of 7.1 out of 10 on IMDb.
Where Can We Watch The Series Black-Ish?
While searching over the Internet, you will find many platforms where you can stream the show. The most common ones are Amazon Prime and Disney Hotstar. You can have a subscription to the platforms or rent or buy the episodes or seasons from there.
You can also rent or buy the episodes or seasons from Vudu, Google Play, and iTunes.
It is also available on the ABC platform. You can also start your free trial on Hulu if you are new to it.
Some websites also allow you to download the series to watch it offline.
The eighth season is going to be the last season of the show. Unfortunately, this is not good news for fans. However, they are also excited about the release of Black-ish Season 8.